Small arms, man-portable, individual-operated firearms, as opposed to edged weapons, team-operated firearms, automatic cannons, and artillery. The photo shows Hessian grenadiers with flintlock muskets during an 18th century reenactment at Chateau Fasanerie in Eichenzell near Fulda.
- Long Land Pattern Musket “Brown Bess”, 1722–1793
- Short Land Pattern Musket “Brown Bess”, 1740–1797
- Pattern 1756 Light Infantry Fusil
- Pattern 1776 “Contract” Rifle
- Martini-Henry Rifle, 1871–1918
Source: Rumpf, H. F.: Allgemeine Real-Encyclopädie der gesammten Kriegskunst (Berl. 1827)